Click here for
in MS Word file
format [size: 70K]
| CURRICULUM OUTLINE
CLASS TWO Beginning Interview
1) Skills needs for interviewing
- Preparation and research
- Building on questions
- What is "listening" and what is the importance of
- Open-ended questions and how to get more than a
yes or no answer
- Follow-up questions
- Options for recording interview
- Tape recorder
- Video recorder
2) Interview the teacher
- Each student asks a question about the teacher
- Questions should build on one another
- Feedback is given about each question
- Did it build on the previous question?
- Was a follow-up question needed?
- Was it a "yes" or "no"
- Were listening skills used?
3) Address concerns about what happens during an interview
- What if the person doesn't want to be interviewed?
- What if the person doesn't know anything about what
they are being asked?
- What if the person is shy or afraid?
- What if the person becomes upset while talking,
- What if I can't think of another question to ask?
- What if they ask me about myself?
- What if there is a specific topic they don't want
to talk about?
- Link to Frequently Asked